Error opening Fits file (v1.8.5)

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone can assist me with the issue that i'm having.

5 minutes ago, when i was still on version 1.8.4, i had no issues opening the fits file but now i can not on the latest version.

Am getting the following error message

"open "file:///C:/Users/Home/Desktop/IC1805/IC1805-Ha.fit"
Reading 1 file(s):
*** Error: Unknown or unsupported file type:
file:///C:/Users/Home/Desktop/IC1805/IC1805-Ha.fit
** No files were loaded."

Any ideas? :(

Many thanks in advance

I've been running .fits files all day without issue but I didn't un-install 1.8.4 either when installing 1.8.5. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it but I would run the installer again in case a file got corrupt.

Steve

Ok that was my mistake, I did try to install the latest version over the top of the old one. But since I've posted, I did uninstall any PI installed instances and restarted and then installed the latest version and restarted as well. Still the same issue :(

when i click on File > Open, there is no option to open a FITS file even though i'm looking in a folder which contains fits files. :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 36
Something was wrong with your installation.

Go to Process>Modules>Manage Modules and check if you have FITS module. If not go to Process>Modules>Install Search (on /opt/PixInsight/bin) it should find the module. If found one Module click OK and Install.
Hope this helps

Saludos, Alejandro.

Many thanks Alejandro.

You're absolutely correct. The FITS module wasn't there and did exactly what you suggested to install the module. Now I can open the fits files.

Can I please ask what can I do to fix this issue? I downloaded the installation package from within my login and did it a few times and reinstalled the application a few times as well and that didn't work. How can I fix this?

Many thanks

Hi,

Please see FAQ 3.9 for more information on these issues on Windows:

http://pixinsight.com/faq/

Back