error message

arrowspace90

For some time now, I get the following error messages in PI every time. The "metadata" error prevents PCC from working with FITS header info. I have checked all the places I can think of where an incorrect entry in my equipment could be causing this. Can't find where the problem is. What causes this error??

error msg.jpg

Hi, are you able to manually plate solve the offending FITS file by using the ImageSolver script with the correct instrument parameters and a good guess for the image center coordinates? Maybe your acquisition software writes wrong metadata as this is the case for the ASIAir Pro.

These are not error messages, but warning messages. Inconsistent metadata items means that the respective items vary throughout the set of integrated images, hence they cannot be generated in the result. For example, in the screenshot that you have posted, the focal length varies and hence it won't be included in the final integrated image.

Thank you sir, I don't get why the focal length would vary. It's 400mm. It is listed as 400mm in my capture software, ASIAir Pro, which a lot of people use. When I use PCC, I put in 400mm. I do realize, sorry, that it's a "warning" message. But I am unable to figure out where the varying is coming from?

Hi, are you able to manually plate solve the offending FITS file by using the ImageSolver script with the correct instrument parameters and a good guess for the image center coordinates? Maybe your acquisition software writes wrong metadata as this is the case for the ASIAir Pro.

Thanks for response. Actually, what I have been doing is telling PI to "ignore existing metadata". This allows me to color calibrate. I think I did try ImageSolver, but I can always try that again.
Am I understanding you correctly that you say ASIAir Pro writes incorrect Metadata? I don't hear other users saying that, but I can look into that. Can you tell me where that opinion originates? Where evidence is for that?

The ASIAir software has a serious bug where invalid astrometric solutions are generated in FITS headers. See for example:

The ASIAir software has a serious bug where invalid astrometric solutions are generated in FITS headers. See for example:

Yes, I see that when I saw the other thread already on this issue. I have to say, I'm relieved, ha, because when things go wrong in processing it is (my) user error 99% of the time.

Back