Error in WeightedBatchPreprocessing Script

dclark

Hi Team.
I just tried to use the WeightedBatchPreProcessing script, and I got an error "StarAlignment.referenceImage(): invalid argument type: String expected".
Is this something that I'm doing wrong?
I am using the latest codebase.

I have over 2000 images that I am just registering. The process failed (I think) after it finished working out which would be the (auto-selected) reference frame. (this took several hours to complete).
I notice in the logs that it says
"
Best reference frame for registration: undefined

* End selection of the best reference frame for registration
"
just before the error occurs.

I have put all the details (including a sample, representative input image file) in the zip file

Thanks for your help!
Dave

Oh, and one more thing: I didn't select any dark,bias or flat frames to use, just Light frames. This is because I just wanted to register the images, and I wasn't interested in calibration or integration. I hope that is not the cause of the error???
Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

We'll analyze the problem. However, why are you using WBPP just for image registration? That does not make any sense at all. You should use the StarAlignment tool for that task.

Thanks for your reply Juan. You are correct - I guess that I should just be using StarAlignment for this task. (I didn't think of that, since my normal workflow uses BPP or WBPP). (although the auto-reference process in WBPP is a small reason to use it over StarAlignment, right?)

although the auto-reference process in WBPP is a small reason to use it over StarAlignment, right?

Not at all. It's just a convenience feature in WBPP, but you can select the best frame for registration using the SubframeSelector tool and looking for the frame with the smallest FWHM. Or you can simply use Blink to find a frame where stars just look fine; the exact frame used as registration reference isn't so critically important.

Back