Easy workflow using AutoIntegrate.js

jruuth

I have created an AutoIntegrate.js script that automates many of the basic processing steps when working with images in PixInsight. Script takes calibrated image files, runs a basic PixInsight workflow and produces an (almost) final image. It works with both RGB and narrowband (HSO) data.

I think the script can be useful for someone just starting out with PixInsight and wanting an easy start before learning all the processes needed to create an image. It also suits well for lazy people like me :). Or it can be used for a quick check to see if data is good before investing more time on them. You can also run only a part of the workflow like image integration with the script. For best results you obviously need careful manual processing as described in many good PixInsight tutorials.

I have created the script for my own use but I am sharing it in case someone else might find it useful. If you have any improvement ideas or if you find any problems please let me know!

I have more information about AutoIntegrate here: https://ruuth.xyz/AutoIntegrateInfo.html.

For automatic updates there is a PixInsight repository: https://ruuth.xyz/autointegrate

I have also a short YouTube video of the workflow with AutoIntegrate.js script:

Last edited:
Nice, Just got done doing a quick process, I like the results that I see. And this looks like it's something that will same me a lot of time to where I can make the final tweaks .

I enabled this script and tried it and was impressed, however, after closing PI and reopening it the script is not there and if |I try to add it again it just says no updates available and I cannot seem to get the script back at all.

I enabled this script and tried it and was impressed, however, after closing PI and reopening it the script is not there and if |I try to add it again it just says no updates available and I cannot seem to get the script back at all.

I believe the missing script is a generic PixInsight issue. I have seen comments like “I was able to get the scripts to reinstall by deleting the `updates.xri` file in the PixInsight application folder” or “...after I repaired my PixInsight installation, checked for updates, close PixInsight to install updates, and restart PixInsight”.

Jarmo

I believe the missing script is a generic PixInsight issue. I have seen comments like “I was able to get the scripts to reinstall by deleting the `updates.xri` file in the PixInsight application folder” or “...after I repaired my PixInsight installation, checked for updates, close PixInsight to install updates, and restart PixInsight”.

Jarmo
Thanks, it seems to be working now, looks like a lot of work was put into this script and my first attempts seem to give reasonable results.
I think it is ideal for a quick way to get some sort of final image quickly, maybe can be left running overnight after a session to see how good the data was.
How I then get to a final image I am not sure best way whether to try further processing to the AI image or to go back to the linear stage and go from there but sure is a nice script :)

Steve

Hi all,

Is this script capable of calibrating, integrating, and processing images with different resolutions AND/OR same resolution but different fields of view? For those images with two different piggybacked scopes, wouldn't it be nice if one could do that and then use the larger field of view as the default scale and "drop" the smaller field of view onto it, such as a small object surrounded by gas clouds?

Thanks for giving me my weekends back!

Paul

Hi all,

Is this script capable of calibrating, integrating, and processing images with different resolutions AND/OR same resolution but different fields of view? For those images with two different piggybacked scopes, wouldn't it be nice if one could do that and then use the larger field of view as the default scale and "drop" the smaller field of view onto it, such as a small object surrounded by gas clouds?

Paul
WBPP operates that way.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that info. I will Blink, and process in WBPP. Will it output two different master lights, or will it actually output one combined?

Clear Skies,

Paul

PS I will be visiting Colorado next weekend for the first time in my life!! Little did I know, my wife lived there in her childhood, along with MT and WY. I am very excited to take the train rides in our adventure around the "little loop" of Denver, Leadville, Silverthorne, and Colorado Springs!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that info. I will Blink, and process in WBPP. Will it output two different master lights, or will it actually output one combined?

Clear Skies,

Paul

PS I will be visiting Colorado next weekend for the first time in my life!! Little did I know, my wife lived there in her childhood, along with MT and WY. I am very excited to take the train rides in our adventure around the "little loop" of Denver, Leadville, Silverthorne, and Colorado Springs!
Depends on how you set up the time and exposure tolerance terms. And you'll probably want to manually define your reference frame. It's all a little arcane and not clearly documented. There are useful tutorials out there. I mixed those with a good deal of experimentation.

Hi all,

Paul

AutoIntegrate can do a simple, basic calibration but usually it is better to just use WBPP. You can then process calibrated light frames in AutoIntegrate.

Does the link still work?I can't install autointegrate script .I add the link to my repository ,then check for updates and nothing is downloading.I get the message:no update was found for your PI version,which by the way is 8.9.1. I haven't updated yet to 8.9.2

My bad.I didn't know it was under Batch Processing. All good.

Last edited:
I am unable to get autointegrate to process subs, from my zwo Seestar, without error.

Log file ends with:

Normal RGB processing
Linear fit LRGB channels
Linear fit using L
Run linear fit on null using Integration_L_map as reference
No image for linear fit, maybe some previous step like star alignment failed

I'm happy to post a link to the log file and/or example subs if needed. Seestar fit files are pre dark subtracted and are 1920x1280 from an alt az mount. 10 second exposures to minimize field rotation.

FYI the subs do process all the way through in WBPP.

AutoIntegrate v1.64, PixInsight v1.8.9-2 (1080902)

Hi gnewell,

One guess is that star alignment failed and you do not have one of the integrated RGB files. But if you can send me the AutoIntegrate.log file I can check that. If there are some errors they should be listed there.

Regards,
Jarmo

OK, I kept trying to turn off features where it was failing, but I never got it go all the way through.

The attached is from an all defaults run (6 subs):

Attachments

• AutoIntegrate.zip
    8 KB · Views: 38
Hi,

There seem to be a filter keyword FILTER=LP. The script thinks it is a Luminance file but there are no R, G, or B files. Need to fix the error checking there.

I do not know what files you get from Seestar. Maybe they are one shot color files? In that case you should click the Add manually button in the Files tab and add files as color (C) files.

Regards,
Jarmo

Back