DynamicStarMask Script (a start)

Enzo De Bernardini

PixInsight Ambassador
Hello,

I want to present an idea. This is a script to create stars mask for process of complicated stars. Is simple: double click on the preview image to add new stars. Drag to move the preview. You can change the diameter of each star to draw, and adjust the overall intensity (highlight). Each star is plotted as a gradient from the center of the coordinates. The preview will display a green circle over target image for each star plotted. Press "OK" to generate the image that will serve as a mask. You can also make a process icon to edit later.

The script have something I could not fix :-[ : an harmless error at the end of its execution. Honestly, I am in my current limit of knowledge in PJSR. That's why I'm looking for a volunteer who want to improve the work. I'm sure many things can be optimized, but wanted to share with all you this start. Please feel free to modify the code, add your credits on it, and republish.

I want to express my gratitude to Georg, who has assisted me to start the idea. Thanks! :D

Attached: screenshot and the script file.

Best regards,

Enzo.

Attachments

• DynamicStarMask.jpg
    DynamicStarMask.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DynamicStarMask.js
    21 KB · Views: 70
Back