Dynamic Crop Issue

Lostone

Can someone tell me why Dynamic Crop is popping up with this message. Just started recently and it's driving me nuts and preventing me from using a couple of other processes.
DC.png

It is saying that if you alter the frame geometry the astrometric solution will be lost and some processes (SPCC for example) will not work.

Just hit OK and use Image Solver and you will be able to use those other processes again.

Since this issue seems to keep coming up perhaps the warning dialogs that display when you will lose the astrometric solution could add a line saying the user should consider running ImageSolver to re-apply the solution. That would be provide a gentle nudge in the right direction but not bind the user or developer to a course of action.

Is there anyone out there who can help me with this issue, Why is Dynamic Crop removing this issue and I cant get it back. I've tried imagesolver and that didn't work. This is starting to drive me crazy. Never had this issue until the recent updates.

It is saying that if you alter the frame geometry the astrometric solution will be lost and some processes (SPCC for example) will not work.

Just hit OK and use Image Solver and you will be able to use those other processes again.
Ok, Here's a question for you, Do I use image solver right after using Dynamic Crop on the Masters prior to doing anything else to them? I use DC as my 1st step when processing.

You can use DynamicCrop then imageSolver or ImageSolver then DynamicCrop (but this will result in the astronomical solution being invalidate), and then run ImageSolver again. I normally run DC on all masters and then ImageSolver.

Run Dynamic Crop first and then run Image Solver.
Below are two ways to solve that issue which were suggested to me with DBE which is may be also applicable to other processes which invalidate the Astrometic Solution.
1. When running DBE, select "Replace Image" instead "Create Image", so the coordinates are preserved.
2. Clone your Image, run DBE on the duplicate and after that use the script "Copy Coordinates" and copy the coordinates from the image solved source to the "DBE Image".

Cheers
Tom

Back