desktop folders

neostronom

Because the workspace is full of process and images icons, it would be nice to be able to store and organize them in folder structures. Just as if it were a desktop of the operating system, usual yellow folder icons to which it is possible to drag icons or other folders, and that when opened they are shown as windows or simple boxes.

I update and expand the idea.

As I progress, I realize the importance of creating as many presets as possible to automate all processes through dragging or to start from a series of base parameters. Currently I group them and save them in windows folders. However it is still a bit cumbersome. Any modification, update, or reordering is slow and confusing.

having the workspace have its own folder system would make things much easier. Since we could organize all the presets in hierarchies as extensive as we want.

So when I start PI, now my workspace is similar to that of an OS desktop and therefore all my processes are at my disposal from a parent folder, or from several. I can create new ones wherever I want, I can move them to other folders, I can delete or edit them.

Not only is it useful for processes, it could also contain other favorite links to anything related to the application, such as scripts, utilities, options, text notes, temporary folders, anything. Also links to system files such as images, or even other types of files, or run other programs. Also a recycling bin to discard the images that we do not need and to be able to recover them if necessary during the session.

In short, a perfectly integrated and organized environment. Yes, it seems quite ambitious and unlikely that we will see Pixinsight with its own OS-like desktop, but isn't that a good wish?

Back