Debayer a ZWO 6200C image

dmatthews

Unable to acquire CFA pattern information: Required image metadata not available. This is the error message I get

this means the CFA pattern is not stored in the fits header of your images. sometimes capture programs will write this info to the fits header, but the capture program would need to be told what kind of sensor you are using.

instead of "auto", you can set Debayer to the pattern mode that corresponds to the 6200C sensor. that info should be readily available from the sensor manufacturer. the only thing to watch out for is if your capture software writes the FITS files out in the same order as PI is set to read them in. you can control this with the format hints "up-bottom" and "bottom-up" or you can permanently set the fits reader direction in the fits file handler (tab on the left; double click the FITS line in the list to configure.)

I assume you are talking about the ASI6200MC. I have that camera and the fits file from it reports:
Bayerpat : RGGB
Roworder : TOP-DOWN

I don't know if that was put there by the camera or the capture software, which in my case is KStars/EKOS/INDI.

right - if the ROWORDER keyword is present in the fits header (and it is correct!) then PI should debayer properly no matter what the fits reader direction is set to.

Back