Culling images with Blink

... is a pain. What I wish for (this is the Wish List forum) is to be able to select or reject frames with a single keypress. Perhaps the spacebar suits this purpose? I see it unchecks the check box. I'd like it to also move to the next frame. Then we need a way to select all the UNCHECKED frames, so that I can move them all away with a click on the Move Selected Files icon.
Software such as PhotoMechanic automate this process. Since I sometimes have to go through hundreds of frames, I need a better alternative to what is present now, namely select the bad frame, move it to a different folder, then remove from list.

While we're at it, can I get blink to load an entire folder of images at once, without having to go into the folder and manually selecting them? Like you can ingest folders in WBPP.

Again while we're at it, can I get PixInsight to honor Mac keyboard shortcuts? It's quite irritating in a file dialog to not be able to press command-A to select all the files in a folder.

Thanks

blink hasn't been updated in ages despite multiple queries like yours over the last 10 years. it was written by a pixinsight user that hasnt been seen around these parts in years and years.

it's still a pain, but you can use the apple/command modifier key to highlight multiple lines in blink. note that checked and highlighted are two different things. when you hit the "move" button, all highlighted images will be selected for motion. usually i uncheck the bad frames then go back over and using the apple key, highlight all the unchecked ones. then, i hit the "close selected images button" and i'm left with just the good frames, which i usually go over again.

i think the lack of the modifier keys in the mac file selector is probably some kind of Qt issue. when this issue has come up before, juan's suggestion has been to switch to the "native" file chooser. however, i don't like it that much so i continue to use the apple chooser. as it turns out if you select a bunch of files in the finder (like with command-a) you can then drag them to the (already opened) mac file chooser dialog box. so that's another workaround.

... is a pain. What I wish for (this is the Wish List forum) is to be able to select or reject frames with a single keypress. Perhaps the spacebar suits this purpose? I see it unchecks the check box. I'd like it to also move to the next frame. Then we need a way to select all the UNCHECKED frames, so that I can move them all away with a click on the Move Selected Files icon.
Software such as PhotoMechanic automate this process. Since I sometimes have to go through hundreds of frames, I need a better alternative to what is present now, namely select the bad frame, move it to a different folder, then remove from list.

While we're at it, can I get blink to load an entire folder of images at once, without having to go into the folder and manually selecting them? Like you can ingest folders in WBPP.

Again while we're at it, can I get PixInsight to honor Mac keyboard shortcuts? It's quite irritating in a file dialog to not be able to press command-A to select all the files in a folder.

Thanks
You can drag a folder if you do it from the PI file explorer. I don't know if that's worth the trouble or not... it's deadly slow and doesn't honor forward/back mouse navigation, so I rarely use it. CTRL-A works fine for selecting all on Windows.

DO NOT ADVERTISE COMPETING PRODUCTS. PLEASE FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES: https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/forum-rules-and-guidelines.9037/
You may try my program that I wrote just for this. Really quick selection of images with one keypress. Just use "mark and next" to select good or bad images. Then you can move/copy/delete these marked images.

*** LINK REMOVED BY THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Back