Crashes since 1.8.8-6 x64

pmarshall

Crashes since 1.8.8-6 x64

I was using STF to transfer stretching of one image and transfering to another RAW image using the New Instance icon.
I would get from the Process Console an red error message stating "Back Trace Information".
After this the PI would have strange behavior. It would still work, but some behavioral issue.
I would reboot and be back to normal.

Attached is the back trace file including what was done prior to the error message.

Hope this helps in diagnosis.

Attachments

• -Process Console Error Msg..txt
    5 KB · Views: 94
This cannot be reproduced, and has not been reported before. The access violation happens in the Qt library, and it happens in low-level routines that cannot fail under normal working conditions.

Can you please upload an image where this problem can be reproduced?

I am also experiencing same problem, same version of PI 1.8.8-6 and 64 bit Win 10 laptop. Access violations seem to happen randomly, not in any one processor. My average time between failure is somewhere between 15-30 minutes, sometimes shorter, rarely longer and results in lost work and requirement to kill application and restart. I will attempt to generate recreate case, though may be difficult as I said it seems to happen randomly and is more time-based as opposed to a specific image or processor. Acts more like a memory leak or garbage collection problem then a specific processor bug, but I'm just guessing. Please advise on information I can provide you to assist diagnosis. Thank you.

We have identified a bug in the Windows version of PixInsight that is now fixed in version 1.8.8-7:

This bug has been causing sporadic access violations associated with Windows accessibility features on some machines. This is probably what you are experiencing. Version 1.8.8-7 will be released next week, so I ask for a bit of patience. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You're welcome. I have excellent news: I can confirm that these problems are definitely fixed in version 1.8.8-7. We have not been able to reproduce them in any of our tests. The new version will be released in a few days.

Back