Crash MBPP OS X Catalina iMac

Tailspin45

Unable to run MBPP WBPP with 120 lights, 40 flats, 30 darks, 20 bias.

Five attempts with CTD while integrating (light?) pixel rows

terminating with uncaught exception of type pcl::EUnixSegmentationViolation

[Update] ran to completion after turning on CosmeticCorrection in MBPP WBPP and specified the process, but light frame calibration failed. None of the standard parameters were changed, although the log says Optimization Threshold is too high.

[Update 2] Removed Dark Scaling and it ran to completion.

Why did scaling the darks not work?

Attachments

• PI_crash_report.txt
    119.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ProcessLogger.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 61
  • log.log.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
so the WBPP log looks very strange, it reports that no images could be calibrated because they could not be found or the permissions are set wrong.

dark scaling could be the problem as that's increasingly not applicable anymore (with CMOS cameras in particular.) what kind of camera are you using?

anyway, it looks like ImageIntegration crashed in the pixel rejection routine, which was apparently set to ESD. i can't tell if this is because ImageIntegration was invoked with no and/or corrupt images, which is a possibility. ESD is pretty memory intensive though, and with only 16GB of ram PI may have exausted your virtual memory and failed to allocate more memory. really not sure. i guess you can try turning off pixel rejection and see what happens, and then maybe try windsorised sigma clipping instead of ESD.

rob

Using an ASI294MC. I'll try your suggestions.

While WBPP did run to completion, all the files it produced (calibrated, cosmetically corrected, and debayer) are essentially black. STF, with channels linked or unlinked) does not produce any visible data,.

this definitely indicates a problem with calibration. it might make sense to watch adam's videos about WBPP as he covers this stuff.

this is the section about dark optimization but watching all the parts is a good idea...

rob

Back