Crash Edit Description

Ernie

Hello,
I always have a crash when I go to the History Explorer, select a view and want to add a description via Edit Description. PI freezes and I have to stop it via the task manager. This occurs regularly. I'm using a PC with PI 1.8.8-6. The bug also occured in the previous PI version. Before I could use the description function that appears very useful to me.
Does anybody has this problem and how could be solved?
Thanks for your support
Ernie

This problem cannot be reproduced on any of our working and testing machines. It has not been reported before either.

The same problem with me. It also occurs when I activate the description of a process icon. Even in the previous version.

Gerhard

Again, this problem cannot be reproduced on our machines. I have just checked this again on Windows 10, macOS and Linux, and there are no problems to edit descriptions. I can edit them for process icons and by clicking the Edit Description buttons on History Explorer and Process Container. No problems at all.

This is a machine-specific issue. Can you provide more information, such as error messages, etc?

There are no error messages, the screen freezes, no response, there is no exception. I have to close PI with task manager. I´m using a Lenovo Ideapad 700-17ISK and Windows 10 Home, always updated. As I can overlook it, all other functions of PI are okay.

Gerhard

Hi Juan and Gerard,
I solved the problem by uninstalling PI completely and making a fresh installation.
Ernie

Back