CosmeticCorrection: Cannot execute instance in the global context

gbarr56

I have successfully used this WBPS 2.1.2 script. But, now I am getting this error.

CosmeticCorrection: Cannot execute instance in the global context
Reason: No target frames have been specified.

So, I can't get past this error. I have flats, lights, bias, and darks assigned to images as usual.

Any ideas?

are you trying to use CosmeticCorrection as part of WBPP? is the "Apply" tickbox ticked in the Cosmetic Correction box in the Lights tab of WBPP?

rob

Yes, It is ticked and I have also made a process from the CC and selected this process in the CC list box.

does WBPP complete successfully if you untick this box? i'm wondering if indeed CC has no frames to work on because of some prior error...

it's in the directory that you specified as a location for WBPP to put its files, in a subdirectory called "logs"

rob

Thanks....it's only 1.2MB but getting message the log file is too large. Had to also rename file extension with TXT.

you'd have to upload it to google drive or whatnot, set the link to public and post the link here.

rob

The failure of CosmeticCorrection is because it is trying to correct the calibrated OIII files, but the OIII calibration failed (so there are no files to correct).
The OIII calibration failed because the OIII master flat was effectively blank.
The OIII master flat was blank because ...
... it appears that all pixels were rejected in the OIII master flat integration - twice! (by both low clipping and high clipping). I'm not sure how this happened (unless perhaps all pixels are identically zero)- but I think you need to take a closer look at your OIII flat images.

Thanks for your help. I found a few bad images in the Flats and darks and deleted them. Now, not getting the error.

Back