Combining data sets from different filters

gatehealing

I'm not exactly sure if there is a specific term for this and I seem to be finding posts that don't quite address what I am looking for so I'm hoping somebody can point me to a post and/or a workflow video.

I don't yet have a mono camera but planning on getting one soon along with some quality filters. I'd like to become familiar with the process for preprocessing and processing subs from different filters before I get the camera and filters though. My plan for practice involves using my OSC with optolong filters. . . I know that this will not yield a quality image at all . . . it's just for me to build the muscle memory of going through the process once I do get a few quality filters and a mono camera.

I plan on using my OSC asi294mc pro with:
1) L-Pro
2) L-Enhance
3) L-Extreme
4) UV-IR
5) No filter

I'll probably just combine 2 of those (No Filter + L-enhance) to start.

Thanks for any links to videos or relevant posts.
Jon

hm, i'm not sure if there are any posts about stuff like this, with those particular kinds of filters anyway.

if you want to learn the RGB/LRGB flow you could use the SplitCFA process to split your calibrated bayered images into 4 separate mono images, then process those images into an RGB master and a synthetic L master and then do an LRGB combine.

the only problem with this process is that it blindly splits the channels without figuring out which pixel corresponds to what filter, so you just end up with 4 files, _CFA0, _CFA1, _CFA2 and _CFA3. it will take a little bit of trial and error to figure out which is which but for starters there are going to be two green channels so two of the files will have (almost) identical data. i guess if you wanted to make life easy on yourself you could put a green t-shirt over the telescope and shoot a sky flat, then put a red t-shirt and do the same and finally with a blue t-shirt do the same. then from those 3 images it would be more obvious what color corresponds to which of the CFAx channels.

rob

Back