CombineImages Script v0.6 - Redeveloped to improve functionality and support for JWST images

Hi Dean,
I am having issues with v0.61 of the CombineImages script in PI 1.8.9-1 (re. attached error message). I've not yet been able to run the script without this error occurring when running the script. Do you have any suggestions for me to attempt to resolve this error?

Best Regards,
Tom

Screenshot 2023-09-18 214631.png

pfile,
Script removal, renaming the directory without the space & brackets, and re-adding the script resolved the error!

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Tom

Hello

Very sorry, I missed the latest series of posts.

You really need to save the Script and its subfolder structure to a location where you have file access permissions - i.e. NOT requiring Admin privileges. The Script saves all sorts of data, including saved settings and some output files etc, to subfolders under the Script's stored location. So the Script will almost certainly fail if it (and its subfolder structure) is stored where you do not have non-Admin access privileges.

Possibly too much information for this response, but under the 'System' subfolder, you will find a file 'DC_CombineImages_default_settings', which details the default locations of other important subfolders that you must have access privileges:

#define INPUT_IMAGES_FOLDER "Input Images" // relative to root_folder
#define SAVED_COMBINED_IMAGES_FOLDER "Saved Combined Images" // relative to root_folder
#define SAVED_COLORIZED_IMAGES_FOLDER "Saved Colorized Images" // relative to root_folder
#define SAVED_SETTINGS_FOLDER "Saved Settings" // relative to root_folder
#define SAVED_DIAGNOSTICS_FOLDER "Saved Diagnostics" // relative to root_folder
#define DEFAULT_PALETTES_FOLDER "System" // relative to root_folder

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dean

Last edited:
Hi All,
I wanted to let everyone know that I have written up a blog post on this amazing script, along with a video showing how to use it to combine the NGC3324 Cosmic Cliffs data from JWST.

@dcarr - I would love your feedback on the blog post so that I can make sure it is accurate, I have also given you attribution for the script.

I look forward to everyones feedback!

A very minor update (v0.62) is attached - no change to functionality. Some improvements to data conversions and trivial comments in the code.

Links below have been modified to always access the latest version:

With test images – i.e. large

'Clean’ without test images

Attachments

• DC_CombineImages_v0.62.zip
    496.5 KB · Views: 39
Back