CMOS-OSC frames too dark after calibration.

carlosgib

Hi, I have a QHY268c and taking my first light. Using a Stellarvue 130T. I took 30 x 360s frames, 20 Darks, 20 Flats and 50 Bias.
I have calibrate using Pixinsight WBP script (debayer in this case)like I normally do when using Mono frames, but looking at the image after a STF autostretch its simply too dark, I tried further stretching using HT, but do not change.

I applied the bias and without the bias, as I read some people argued that its not necessary to use Bias.

So, I am missing something in the PI after the calibration before star alignment, also what is the recommend Flats ADU, or should I calibrate with flat darks??

Charles

Charles,

I have the same camera.

Could you confirm the camera mode, gain and offset settings - found in the Ascom driver.

I use readout mode 1, gain 60 and offset 30, which I derived from the provided sensor charts.

Furthermore I use overscan, as recommended by QHYCCD. There was a thread (Overscan procedure) some weeks ago on how to configure PI to make use of it. In this case you would take flats and dark-flats rather than bias frames.

Also, SGPro (and probably other acquisition software) allow you to override the gain / offset settings, so make sure this is not the case or use the same settings as in the Ascom driver.

I must add that I do not use the WBPP script.

/Ralf

Last edited:
Back