Clone Stamp mystery

Hello at all,

Sometimes i need for my starmask some cosmetics and then im using clonestamp from an other (only white) image.
I tryed often but it doesnt work.

Now i found the problem ...
In my case its only possible to copy from a black to a white image.
But not from a white image to an other.
Now i goes around and invert the images - before and after.

But i think that this is no optimal solution.
Does anybody know this and perhapps how i can fix this?

Thanks and all the best
Robert

Hallo Robert!
Das sollte schon funktionieren! Bei mir geht es auf jeden Fall.
Wenn es nicht funktioniert "than probably a user error"

Hier der Anleitungstest fürs CloneStampen von einem Bild ins Andere, auch von Weiss nach Schwarz etc.....
DEUTSCH:

Lade CloneStamp Prozess.

Definiere das "erhaltende Bild" mit:
Oberen Balken des Bildes anklicken sodass er blau wird.

Drücke Reset Knopf im CloneStamp,
danach gehe mit der Maus ins Absender Bild und drücke Ctrl + linker Mausknopf an
der Stelle von der kopiert werden soll.
Damit ist der Geber und Ursprungsort definiert.

Dann gehe mit der Maus zurück ins Bild in dem gestempelt werden soll. Wenn man hier
an der gewünschten Stelle jetzt mit der Maus links anklickt und hält wird solange gestempelt/gemalt bis man
die Maus wieder ausläßt. Damit kann man Teile eines Bildes an beliebige Stellen des
Empfänger Bildes übertragen.
Wenn man an die gleiche Stelle übertragen möchte dann wählt man im Absender Bild den gleichen Stern
aus wie im Empfänger Bild.

Die Größe des Pinsels wird durch den Radius definiert. Fange mit Radius 100 an
da siehst Du am Anfang zum Lernen mehr.

PS.: beim Clonen siehst Du das kleine X im Geberbild und den Kreis mit X im Empfängerbild.
Wenn Du mit dem kleinen X des Geberbildes aus dem Geberbild rausfährst, dann wird natürlich nichts in das
Empfängerfeld übertragen.

ENGLISCH
oad CloneStamp process.
Define "receiving" image/view with:
Click top name-bar of view and it gets blue,
(Click Reset Button in Clone Stamp, this one is not really necessary.
but i feel better doing it)

Afterwards, in whatever image/view you press Ctrl + left mouse button
it will be the "sending" view/part.
Moving the Cursor back to the "receiving" view, wherever you left click the mouse
to this position the circle of the "sending" image will be cloned to the
"receiving" image/view.

So, you can move different parts of an image or
exactly the same positions/image parts if you take exactly care of the mouse click position in the "sending" view and in the "receiving view" for example
to copy better developed parts from one image over the
"receiving" image.

PS.: During Clone you can see the little X in the sending image and the circle witht X in the receiving image.
If you move the little X of the sending image outside the sending view there will be no copy to the reveiving image.

LG Gerald

Last edited:
gerald, give it a try though. i was able to reproduce this problem. i think there is a bug here... i made the two images shown and was only able to clonestamp data with the right image as the source and the left image as the destination. i could not clonestamp anything from the left image to the right image at all. it must have something to do with the pixel color at one of the edges of the source image?? i could do more experiments with checkerboards i guess.

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 2.50.45 PM.png

Hello Gerald,

Thanks !
I tryed exactly in the way you write and it worked.
Later it doesnt work.
I think there is a bug....

Thanks and kind regards
Robert

Hi Robert!"
CloneStamp is a dynamic process like DynamicCrop and DBE.
So, after your first stamps from sender to receiver you have to close the dynamic process CloneStamp and reload it.
Than you can do clonestamp again. Also change the receiver and sender...

I dont see this as a bug, thats the behaviour of dynamic processes in PI to my understanding.

Gerald

makes sense, let me try again with the sender and receiver reversed.

rob

edit: no - even if i start with the image on the left as the source (in other words, click it first after starting CloneStamp, and then define a source point on it) no data is copied to the image on the right. i can copy data from the left image to itself just fine.

edit edit: ok no i have messed up in my testing. somehow i never noticed that you have to select the target window first, then the source window and then the target again.

Last edited:
Back