Carlos' development modules collection

PS: upload is quite easy right now :p I just use gFTP and drop the files on the server, as they are already in a single folder on my HDD. :D

Sorry :( I don't have a mac... and I don't have a clue how to mount virtual machines, so indeed this is going to be left out from my side. As soon as I compact the processes, I'll send the code to Juan, to see if he may compile it for you OSX users.

Hello,

I would also like to try these new modules...

Am i the only one on "old" 32 bit machine  ???

Sharpen module would be nice for a start ;)

Thanks,

Jean Guy Moreau
Quebec

Hi guys

I reduced the amount of installable modules to four, grouping the processes by their category. For the moment, I compiled Win32 and Win64 versions. Linux ones will come later (I have to figure out how to use the makefiles, instead of creating eclipse projects, what at this point is getting kinda boring :D )

Enjoy!

Hi Carlos,

the linux makefiles I got from Juan for the profile module were pretty close. I assume they're identical to the ones generated by the makefile script. I made some modifications to make the 32 and 64b builds work properly on a 64b machine. Let me know if things don't work for you and I'll attach the makefile here. I haven't yet tried to update the makefile generator script with my fixes.

Hi Sander
The fact, is that I don't now how to use them :D I tried executing the makefile file from the console, and I only got error messages... I'll create a new thread on this. Surely I'm not the only one hitting the wall with my head :D

Hi Enzo
Thanks. The folders had incorrect permissions. I fixed that. Also, I uploaded the X11_64 (linux) files. X11_32 will be uploaded per request, since I was unable to compile them right now.

Just a quick note to let you know that I recompiled all the modules for the new PCL. This actualization also included some error/bug fixing, some minor enhancing (iterations parameter in the Blur process, and new readout mode in ReadPSF), and a few new processes (ButterworthFilter, LogStretch, HDRC and HomomorphicFilter).
Other new processes are in the way. Most of them are simple implementations of algorithm I've being revising for a image processing course, where I'm the T.A. Also expect more news in the High Dynamic Range field, and maybe other Poisson solver related issues.

Have fun, and feedback is highly welcome, specially with the new module!

A Win32 compilation of the libraries would be very useful. Although  it is a declining platform, it is still widely used. From the (unscientific) poll in http://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=1128.0 30% of Pixinsight users still use Win32. Juan could provide better statistics from the download page and the update system.
I have PI installed in two computers: a desktop with Win7 x64 and a notebook with Win7 x86 that I use for controlling the telescope and cameras.

Hi Andres
Yes, the problem right now is that I have no 32bits computers working... And I have no clue on how to compile that from a 64bits architecture. Anyway, I uploaded the source code, so you may compule them yourself, if needed.

Harry page said:
Sorry for being stupid , but where do we download these from  ;)
Download Links (also to source code) at the beginning of this thread (message http://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.msg15008#msg15008).
Georg

It is VERY slow :) try it with small images, no more than 1000x1000. These kind of images take nearly 1 minute in my computer. This process works at an O(width^2) order, so try to keep it down. The problem is on the poisson solver. This is covered in much more depth in Georg's thread. We are working on better solvers.

Back