Can't, update Pixi

alda

Hello I have problem with installing upadtes.
I downloaded latest version of Pixinsight, it alerts me, that I have 4 new updates. I download all of them, than I exit Pixi.
Now pixi update system wants to install updates, but than nothing happens.
No updates will be installed.
And again and again. I try to reinstall pixi, I try to stop antivirus program and nothing helped.

This cannot be reproduced. Check your computer for third-party applications or wrong system configurations that may be interfering with PixInsight's update process.

I'm not happy about that.
It just happened to me on the another computer, which is brand new, has different HW and a clean installation of WIN10.

As noted above, this cannot be reproduced. Our update system works without problems under normal working conditions, and this issue has not been reported by other users with current versions of PixInsight. This is a machine-specific problem.

When the PixInsightUpdater program is about to apply updates, Windows shows you an UAC (User Access Control) dialog window, asking you for permission "to make changes to your computer", and informing you that we are a "verified publisher". Do you see the UAC dialog? Sometimes Windows does not show the UAC dialog immediately, and sometimes it is launched minimized in the task bar and you have to click on it to open it.

Since the same problem happens on your two machines, there should be something in common between them that is causing this problem. You haven't provided any description of your hardware, installed software, etc, which makes it very difficult to help you.

Sorry about minimum information, but, i allready solved the problem today. Problem is taht Win10 after quiting PIXI, windows delete temp directory, where are updates saved. I change it, and everything is OK. Thank you for your time, and sorry for m y stupid question :).

Sorry about minimum information, but, i allready solved the problem today. Problem is taht Win10 after quiting PIXI, windows delete temp directory, where are updates saved. I change it, and everything is OK. Thank you for your time, and sorry for m y stupid question :).

Dear Alda. Can you write me where and how you solved it? I probably have the same problem and I can't figure out how you solved it. Thank you very much.

Back