Can't get past WBPP

sjordano

Hi, I've been using CCD Stack and PS and I really want to switch to PI, bus I can"t get calibration right. The CCDStack image is right out of the program and the same lights and calibration frames were used in both. I have tried different settings in WBPP and have watched Adam's videos four times! Help please.

Attachments

• PIXwith ABE - Copy.jpg
    PIXwith ABE - Copy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 61
  • CCDStack.png
    CCDStack.png
    869.3 KB · Views: 51
Make a screenshot of your control panel available.
Also, show the integrated result without ABE applied.

-adam

BTW, good talk to the Prescott Astronomy Club. Made me want to try PI.
Sal

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    375.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot (5).JPG
    Screenshot (5).JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 51
Hi @sjordano, the flat footprint visible in the master file looks like the consequence of wrongly calibrated flat or light frames (or both).
The reason why this happens needs to be investigated by looking at how you've calibrated your flat frames first (ensure that the dark flats or the bias frames have been properly taken) and if the 600sec masterDark is proper for the 600s light frames (same temperature, same camera settings, etc).

I cannot say anything regarding CCD Stack since I don't own the code so I don't know how it internally operates.

Robyx

Thanks for all your help. I was able to reacquire all new calibration subframes and used these with very good results. Previously I was using masters created in CCDStack and these just don't work.

Back