Cannot pause WBPP

badgie3

It seems that the (awesome) new WBPP execution monitor has made it impossible to pause WBPP as the Pause/Abort button on the process console is no longer clickable. I typically run WBPP in the background during the day, and I need to pause on occasion for processor intensive tasks, e.g. conference calls. This wasn't a problem historically, I would just hit Pause/Abort and it would seamlessly recover, however now it seems that I can no longer get the pause/Abort button to work. I'm guessing it's the execution monitor.... I'd rather pause/abort than have the monitor, but it would be best to have both!

Thanks!

I'll also add that I can no longer even minimize the PI window! It seems like the popover completely overrides all access. For the time being, it is possible to disable this display through my settings somehow? I suppose I should test what happens if I just "x" close the popover, but I'm three hours into processing right now, I'll run a test later.

I'll also add that I can no longer even minimize the PI window! It seems like the popover completely overrides all access. For the time being, it is possible to disable this display through my settings somehow? I suppose I should test what happens if I just "x" close the popover, but I'm three hours into processing right now, I'll run a test later.
Hi @badgie3,

When the Execution Monitor gets hidden, it waits for the current process to terminate and then it interrupts the pipeline execution. This is the same as pressing the Cancel button.
Once hidden, you can always interrupt the current process manually using the Cancel button in the console or pressing ESC, as you may do with any regular process. This causes the current process to stop and consequently toe WBPP to handle the pipeline interruption without waiting furthermore.

This is the current behaviour. I may investigate if it's possible to handle something more advanced like a pause button or the direct interruption of the current process, which could be a good idea now that the average amount of data and the advanced processes in place could take time to complete.

Thanks. By the way, just started a new processing run and I was able to verify that the following accomplishes what I want it to accomplish:
1: Start the run
2: Use the x to close the status window; this doesn't kill the process and allows me to pause/interrupt at will as previously using the console's pause/abort button.

Question: Is there a reason that everything script related seems to be modal? It seems to happen all the time that a non-modal script would be really useful. Perhaps a script takes over the process engine and needs a locked context? This is surprisingly annoying.

EDIT: for me it seems that hiding the execution monitor has a diffrent outcome than anticipated. I'd love it if you keep it this way so we at least have the option!

Back