Cannot customize permanently a StarNet2 Process Icon

alvise

Hello, everyone,
I am new to the forum. I've been using PI for a few months and have already learned several useful things, especially to speedup and automatize.
One of them is how to save Process Icons permanently to the workspace, then quickly drag and drop the Icons themselves onto my images (speeding up the GUI interaction process or even calling them by JavaScripts).

Normally if I want a customization of the parameters of a Process Icons, I first set the values (parameters that require a number or boxes that need to be checked) and then drag the little triangle onto the workspace. Next time, the Process Icon will run with the parameters I had set.

It works for several processes (LRGBCombination, ChannelExtraction, etc.), except for StarNet2. Specifically, if I check the "Linear" box, this setting remains throughout the life of the PI program, but at the next restart, if I double click my custom StarNet2 Icon, the box "Linear" will not be checked (so StarNet2 will not work well on a linear image by just dragging the Icon onto the image, unless I double click the Icon and check the box, which is what I am trying to automatize, especially if I have to do on many images or if I want to do from a script).

I don't understand where I'm going wrong or if there's something I'm missing in this Process Icons saving procedure.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere the StarNet2 API in case I want to write a JavaScript to automate my workflow with it ?

Thank you in advance,

Alvise

there might be a bug in the starnet2 module where it doesn't pick up parameters properly from the process icon. this would be something for Nikita to fix as starnet2 has not been integrated into PI by juan. nikita has a support thread on cloudy nights and that is probably the right place to ask about it as he doesn't frequent this forum.

as for the API, you might be able to get some clues from how the EZ suite calls StarNet (v1). having said that starnet does not have the linear checkbox, but you might be able to glean from other scripts how process parameters are set and then just try modifying it for starnet v2.

rob

there might be a bug in the starnet2 module where it doesn't pick up parameters properly from the process icon. this would be something for Nikita to fix as starnet2 has not been integrated into PI by juan. nikita has a support thread on cloudy nights and that is probably the right place to ask about it as he doesn't frequent this forum.

as for the API, you might be able to get some clues from how the EZ suite calls StarNet (v1). having said that starnet does not have the linear checkbox, but you might be able to glean from other scripts how process parameters are set and then just try modifying it for starnet v2.

rob

Thanks Rob, indeed I've just found the Script > Utilities > LinearStarNet (it was there already of course but never noticed it :confused: ... or did it appeared in latest version released last week :unsure: ?) which uses its own routines to de-linearize images, apply StarNet(1) and re-linearize... I will try to play with it and also I'll search CloudyNights...
Thanks!

Alvise

LinearStarnet has been there for a while. it does the reversible stretch and calls starnet, then undoes the stretch. in theory though you don't need this with StarNetV2 since it can handle linear images natively.

here is the main announcement thread:

here is where you're supposed to post support requests:

here is a thread for experience sharing"

rob

LinearStarnet has been there for a while. it does the reversible stretch and calls starnet, then undoes the stretch. in theory though you don't need this with StarNetV2 since it can handle linear images natively.

here is the main announcement thread:

here is where you're supposed to post support requests:

here is a thread for experience sharing"

rob

Very useful! Thanks a lot Rob!

Alvise

Back