Can you help me to correct XISF keyword ?

Peebee79

I use as acquisition software N.I.N.A, except this one had a bug on the generation of the files in XISF.

This bug has been fixed in 1.10 #73, 10' after I opened it ;-)

Now I'm left with a lot of pictures with wrong keywords.

I thought I could eventually write a script or ask if there is a charitable soul to do it.
In the first case, I've never written a script under Pixinsight and I don't know where to start.
In the second case, I'm asking you the question now.

This error from NINA is a unit error, they put the value in mm instead of m as expected for the keys :
"Instrument:Telescope:FocalLength"
"Instrument:Telescope:Aperture"

This causes problems in the PhotometricColorCalibration process, even if you change "Focal Length" by hand.

Sorry about my English, it's not my mother tongue.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

maybe you can fix those keywords with this script. however, the script needs to be edited to work with XISF files. read to the end of the thread and you will see a modification that can be made:

rob

there is also this script:

but i am not sure if it works with XISF input files.

ok but the script you posted a modification for in post #2 here should work with XISF files right?

Here (attached) is a custom modification of the BatchFormatConversion script that should solve this problem.

This version simply divides by 1000 the values of the Instrument:Telescope:Aperture and Instrument:Telescope:FocalLength standard properties. The modification can be seen in line #265. This should work to fix these files.

This script is a custom version: please do not propagate it because it will invalidate other XISF files that use correct units for these properties — use it exclusively to fix these wrong XISF files, then delete it forever.

Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

• BatchFormatConversion-custom-xisf-bugfix.js.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 90
ok but the script you posted a modification for in post #2 here should work with XISF files right?
Sorry Rob, I was refering to FitsFileManager as that does not handle XISF files, but the script in #2 should work OK with mod

I have had to change FITSKeywords for another member because of the same problem

Sorry Rob, I was refering to FitsFileManager as that does not handle XISF files, but the script in #2 should work OK with mod

I have had to change FITSKeywords for another member because of the same problem

understood, i just wanted to confirm about the other script.

Here (attached) is a custom modification of the BatchFormatConversion script that should solve this problem.
Thank you, Juan,

I also modified the script so that it only affects the values in error.
I finalize it and I push it to you

Thank you because I've saved a lot of time

Back