Can PI register and integrate only light subs without the darks, bias, or flats

Rudy Pohl

Hi there:

I am new to Pixinsight and am trying out the 45-day trial version. I have a batch of fairly decent looking light subs of the Orion Nebula that I would hate to throw away, but I do not have any dark, bias or flat frames to go with them. Is it possible to do registration, integration and further processing on these lights only without the other calibration frames? I am currently trying to do that but I keep getting warning boxes asking for the other frames?

If it is possible to do the lights only can you direct me to a tutorial showing how?

Thanks very much,
Rudy

Not sure what messages you are getting, but if they simply say "warning", then they are not fatal. Just hit OK and things should continue.

Geoff

BPP will fail not just a warning if certain calibration files or masters are not included. I don't remember which ones but I did check this a month or so ago. If all three are missing it will warn you first and then give an error and fail.

Mike

Hi, BBP can run with the lack of any calibration frame except Bias, and for integration of the images at least three of them.
Saludos, Alejandro.

Back