Calibrating the ASI2600

privateer

Recently I have been having some major challenges processing my subs from the new ASI2600MC. Sometimes both the Flat and Light integrated frames calibrate properly but mostly I get smudged hot pixels of red, green, and blue. As well as some dark dots. I have tried Manual processing, BBP, and WBBP and neither really makes a difference. I am not using CC as I believe this should be removed via the Bias and Dark frames. I will attach a link with some of the posts I have made on CN as well as some other users with the same or similar issues.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/698791-question-for-zwo-asi2600-users/?p=10401589
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/698791-question-for-zwo-asi2600-users/?p=10418338

Attachments

• SHOT1.jpg
    SHOT1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 79
  • SHOT2.jpg
    SHOT2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 76
what are your pixel rejection settings like in ImageIntegration? sometimes hot pixels can be left in the calibrated frames and that in and of itself is not strictly an error.

I think I was using 3/3 Linear fit clipping for 37 frames of lights. My Bias and Dark masters were from 50 frames each.

is dark optimization turned on? this can lead to undercorrection of hot pixels which are then near enough the levels of signal that they are not easily rejected. have you checked your subs for residual hot pixels? CC can help in this situation, or perhaps try a different outlier rejection method (ESD is the new hotness)

Maybe the following thread is helpful for you:

Bernd

That thread above may help you.

However, I do something much simpler. I just dither every frame and process with WBPP CFA enabled. I take flats, flat darks (inserted as darks in wbpp) and lights. Easy peasy.

I'm guessing if you're running two cameras on two different sequencers you can't dither... but dithering is the best way to get rid of this noise and with bayer-drizzle get some color fidelity back.

Back