Black Specs in stars after drizzle

aporter1

I keep getting black specs in my bright stars after drizzle integration. They go away when i uncheck "enable pixel rejection" but then i get loads of artifacts in my image. My initial image and drizzle data is generated through WBP and my non drizzled images are all okay with no specs or artifacts. I have tried many different things but nothing seems to help. Can anyone give my and idea where i am going wrong

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,
check the Pixel rejection algorithm in the ImageIntegration process. I have seen those black pixel when using Percentile Clipping as rejection algorithm together with LocalNormalization as normalization method. They disappeared after I used Winsorized Sigma Clippping.

Klaus

I have seen them under Averaged Sigma Clipping and Winsorized Sigma Clipping in R,G,B channels, never in L. Never in Drizzle, only in normal integration, disappeared in Drizzle.

Klaus
Thanks for the reply. I did manage to sort out the issue. Cant remember what i did now. One of the rejection settings in image integration..

Hi Klaus,
I am getting these specs in the centers of bright stars also but have been unable to get rid of them. Any idea what setting sensitizes this?

1605409101758.png

Back