Black pixels in Star Core

reggiej42

Reviewing my luminance sub exposures for IC 4604 via Blink, I found one star that had a group of black pixels in the core of the star. I've attached an expanded example of what this looks like with one of the sub exposures. This problem may be in my RGB subs as well, but the luminance subs are the most obvious. Wondering if there is a pixel math calculation or other method that could correct this.

Thanks

Reggie Jones

Attachments

• StarProblem.pdf
    242.8 KB · Views: 97
While mine doesn't look that extreme, I also get black specs in the center of many bright stars. No idea what to adjust to fix it.
1605400533000.png

Reviewing my luminance sub exposures for IC 4604 via Blink, I found one star that had a group of black pixels in the core of the star. I've attached an expanded example of what this looks like with one of the sub exposures. This problem may be in my RGB subs as well, but the luminance subs are the most obvious. Wondering if there is a pixel math calculation or other method that could correct this.
It would be better to avoid the generation of such artifacts instead of trying to repair them afterwards.

According to the postfix, this is not an original light frame but a calibrated and cosmetically corrected light frame. Is this artifact present in the original light frame or does it appear after the calibration or cosmetic correction step?

Regarding a correction strategy: are the intensity values in the artifact 0?

Please upload the XISF files (original light, calibrated, calibrated & cosmetically corrected).

Bernd

Back