Bayer-Drizzle vs standard drizzle for DSLR

CCD1024

Hello
To follow the different posts on bayer-drizzle, I would like to share my results.
Bayer drizzle is an amazing process to increase the resolution of a DSLR image (or color CCD)

Instead on only use debayered calibrated images like this :

DEBAYER VNG  (zoom 400%)
DEBAYER2.png

We also use the bayered-RGB version of the files when drizzle stacking :

BAYER RGB (zoom 400%)
BAYER2.png

At the end we can see the difference :

Final image : bayer drizzle 2x  vs  drizzle 2x (zoom 200%) :

bayer_drizzle.gif

And also : bayerdrizzle vs drizzle vs single integration (no drizzle)  zoom 200% and 400% for single integration

drizzle.gif

You need an amount of images but I use this technic on A7s (modded) images.

Another example zoomed 300x :
bayerdrizzle.gif

Hope Pixinsight team will "better" integrate this possibility in PCL modules (process) as multiple debayer/bayerRGB (like in the BatchPreprocessing) and for sure in the Drizzle process where we can select bayered or debayered files !!! >:D

Anyway, thanks to PI team for this method  8)

Thanks for that fantastic demonstration! It's striking that not only is resolution increased but it's almost as if chromatic aberration is reduced. I see significantly less red halo around the stars. Is that because the red channel is tighter?

Hello

Yes, my A7s is modded in the red. "Astrodon" UV-IR filter inside. So, it can exist a little red tint or halo.
My D810A is also red enhance. So...

But, de careful, these image are direct from integration with an automatic (non-linked channels) STF. So colors are not the best rendition.

Back