Batch Preprocessing - Darks

Gordon B

Hi all. Can someone advise on a chronic problem I have when loading my darks using BPP. What happens is when I load the dark frames to the BPP, the window shows two bins, (see attachment). It only happens with darks and not with lights, bias or flats. When the Diagnostic is run prior to BPP, I get an error message saying that choosing Winsonrized Sigma Clipping is not suitable for one file. What's happening is that the only one file is being recognised and not the rest. I am running version 1.8.6. Regards.

Attachments

• BPP_Darks_A.jpg
    BPP_Darks_A.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 51
i guess the first thing to check is if that file wasn't actually a bias frame. however, there's no such thing as a 0.0s exposure on any DSLR, as far as i know. so that file either has a corrupted EXIF header, or there's just something about the EXIF header in the file that PI is not able to parse. you can delete that one dark if you think you have enough darks in the proper bin and all would be fine. you can also use the "add custom" button, set the frame type to dark and set the exposure time to 127.01s and see if BPP can put it in the right bin. you'll still need to delete the file in that bin though.

that error is talking about just that one bin - you can't do pixel rejection on just one file since there's no reference to compare it to. the other bin is fine i'm sure.

rob

Back