Background level is zero Error.

BayouAstro

I'm trying to process my narrowband light images and keep getting this error. I've tried following the advice of setting a pedestal at 100 and 250 and it does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if you need anymore information than this, if so please ask as I have almost 6hrs of the Heart Nebula that i'm anxious to process.

Error_capture.PNG

The WBPP warning message says that the calibration result shall be checked for clipping. Clipping means: negative values occur which are truncated (= set to zero).

However, clipping can occur even before light frame calibration, namely during image acquisition, due to wrong setting of the offset parameter in the camera driver. If this is the case, the light frames cannot be repaired after the event.
-> Check the uncalibrated light frames for clipping.

Clipping can occur during dark subtraction in image calibration. Frequent cause are not matching dark frames (regarding gain, offset, exposure time).
-> Check the calibrated light frames and the dark frames for clipping.

Also light leaks during the acquisition of dark frames can be the cause of clipping.
-> Check the dark frames for clipping.

All of these possible reasons for clipping shall be checked before the application of an output pedestal in image calibration is taken into consideration.

Adequate tools that PixInsight provides for the tests suggested above are HistogramTransformation and Statistics processes.

Bernd

Back