Auto Color Script

Rbell4

I downloaded this auto color script just now for PI, and I'm getting locked out of it, saying I do not have permission to open these files. I went in to the AutoColor properties folder > Security tab > Edit box, and everything is shaded in under the Allowed column, so I cannot change anything, but it is all check marked for Full Access. The only thing I can check mark is the deny column, hmmmmm, strange!

I have Windows 10, but am mainly a Mac user. Anyone here know how I can activate these access tabs, and reset my permissions? Or another way around this so i can install this script?

Thanks,

Rod

Does anyone here know what the fix is for opening this Auto Color Script so I can install it into my Pixinsight script tool? Here's the error message I'm getting. Tried the instructions on Visibledark install page. Not working...

These are all the instructions as far as opening the zip folder, then he says go right into PI to retrieve it. He doesn't say anything about opening the AutoColor folder...

When I click add in the script dialog box all the script folders open, and the AutoColor script folder is not in there. Need to get past this error, everything is being blocked it seems. Would really love to have access to this script, if I can fix this issue!

Rod

Installation instructions:

Unzip file. You will have a folder called “AutoColor”, then go to…

SCRIPT menu and select “feature scripts”

Attachments

• Script Error.jpg
    Script Error.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 88
something's not right. it looks like you didn't unzip the file. AutoColor.zip should not be anywhere in the pathname to the javascript file.

something's not right. it looks like you didn't unzip the file. AutoColor.zip should not be anywhere in the pathname to the javascript file.
Well to my knowledge there isn't but one way to open a file or folder in windows. Right click or double click. Unless there's some other way I'm not aware of. Worked fine on my MacBook. Already running it...

R

if you double click a zip file in windows, it's too clever and shows you a folder with the contents of the zip file. in other words it doesn't actually unzip the file, but shows you the contents as though the zipfile were just a folder.

if you look at the toolbar in the window, you'll see something that says something like "zipped folder tools" - you then have to tell windows to explicitly unzip the file to a new folder. after that you should be able to point PI at the unzipped folder for AutoColor.

Yeah, I guess it's smarter than me then! I'm a Mac user...I will look at this again and let you know if it works.

Okay here is the screen shot of what I have here. I saved it to my desktop. Went in to PI, to the Resources > Updates > Manage repositories folder. It's not showing up. So i went back and tried to open that folder thinking that needs to be done so PI will see it. Got the same script error. Mine doesn't say "Zipped Folder tools", just Extract and Extract All at the top.

Rod

Attachments

• Zip Folder.jpg
    Zip Folder.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
@Rbell4 usually scripts go in the PixInsight installation directory, under src/scripts/

rob
Yes, I'm aware of this, since I've already installed 3 or 4 of these already. But this particular one is not acting like the other ones I've installed. Before Pixinsight will see the script, first the folder has to be opened, not just unzipped. This one will not open, thus Pixinsight will not recognize it. That's about the best I can explain it. Should have explained this in more detail in my original posting.

I experimented with this Script by installing it on my MacBook Pro...That stubborn folder opened right up, "then" Pixinsight saw it and I installed it without a hitch. This issue may be something for the Geeks to look at. Even the folks at PC Matic who does my antivirus helped me with several steps to try and repair my system so it would open. Did those steps work...? Nope! They are still looking to this problem for me.

I'm using the newest method anyway, which came out Nov 22, 2022, which replaces it, or so I was told.

Thanks!

Rod

well i dont know, this sounds like a windows problem. if you figured out how to do it on OSX then you know the steps that have to be done...

well i dont know, this sounds like a windows problem. if you figured out how to do it on OSX then you know the steps that have to be done...
That's what I'm thinking which is why I got PC Matic involved. I used the same installation procedure on the Mac as I did on my Win 10 PC, one works one don't.

Rod

Back