Auto-add Local normalization and drizzle files

mikey2000

When adding subframes to the ImageIntegration Input Images list, it would be great if the system could look for and add any associated .xnml or .xdrz files automatically, instead of having to click on the Add L Norm Files and Add Drizzle Files buttons. It would be a nice time saver... Or add the functionality to the buttons so I don't have to manually select the xnml and xdrz files - they all have the same base filename and live in the same folder as the subframes anyway.
Thanks!

This is already implemented. Just drag a folder item from PixInsight's File Explorer or your favorite file manager, and ImageIntegration will add all image files, .xdrz and .xnml files automatically, making the necessary associations also automatically. Do the same while you press the Ctrl key (Cmd on macOS) and all files will be found recursively on the subtree rooted at the dragged folder. In the latter case, be careful because a huge list of files can be added.

So Juan, as I understand we have to work with multiple folders in PixInsight, same way as Batch Processing does, so as to get the above advantage. Interesting...

Not necessarily. You can have .xisf, .xdrz and .xnml files on the same folder if you want. Drag the folder to ImageIntegration's Input Images list and all files will be selected/associated automatically. I personally prefer to keep .xnml files on a separate folder for convenience, but that's a matter of preferences.

Back