Aperture Photometry bug

CraigNZ

PI version: 1.8.8-5 Ripley (x64)
Aperture Photometry script: 1.4.7

When using Aperture Photometry I load 6 images, the first 3 images selected are Target 1, the next 3 images are Target 2. When the script executes, the Target 1 images process successfully, but the next 3 images, Target 2, generate an error:

*** Error: Failure to process image file 'F:/RRab Project/CAL Images/New/calibrated/light/GCVS CD Scl-0001-sr_c.xisf': Could not locate any stars in the image

But, if I remove the first three images, Target 1 and then execute the script then the Target 2 images now process successfully. It is as if changing the target in the same run fails to refresh the star catalog.

The script needs to check if the coordinates in the FITS header are out of range of the catalog area downloaded and reload the catalog.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I cannot reproduce this problem without the specific data set you have used, or at least a minimal data set where the same problem can be reproduced consistently.

Except trivial issues, no bug report is useful at all without data and enough information to reproduce a particular problem.

Hi Juan,
What is the criteria for when plate solve, within aperture photometry, reloads from vizier database? What I am seeing is if I have 10 images in one location of the sky, Vizier downloads data for the first image and solves the remaining 9 images without reloading. Then, if I move to another part of the sky and take 10 more images, Vizier does not reload from the database, which means all 10 new images fail. What I would have expected is when the coordinates of the image (OBJCTRA, OBJCTDEC) change then Vizier should be called to download new data.
For my test I had 30 images in a folder. The first 10 images were at RA 14h, the second 10 images were at RA 16h and the third 10 images were at RA 18H. I ran aperture photometry and added all 30 images to the run. Vizier was called for the first image (RA 14h) and all 10 images solved. But when the 11 image was processed (RA 16H) it failed, and all remaining 20 images failed with the message given in the first post. This is repeatable.
If this is not enough information, what is it I should also include?
Craig

Back