Annotation script

Changing the FITS to "bottom-up" solved the problem. I had to go back to my original "RAW" images to make it work. It also fixed the plate solve. Interestingly, re-orienting the XISF files to match that of the bottom-up FITS still will not solve.

Thanks for your help.
Gordon

Hi,
the script doesn't find objects. It only paints on the image the position of elements in a catalog. You can use it to find objects, but the finding is done by you 8).
Currently, AnnotateImage doesn't have any quasar catalogs. You can search Vizier (https://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR) for a quasar catalog. Then you could download and reformat it for using it as a custom catalog. If there were more people interested in it I could integrate it on the script.

Hello, thank you for your answer !
Yes, my expression "find quasar" was not very good...
I will try your proposition.
What a good idea would it be to integrate such a catalog ;) !

Good morning,

support for the SDSS DR14 catalogue would be great. The recent custom catalogues are shown in the catalogue layer list. It would be great if they would a appear not all as "custom catalogue". Adding the name of the catalogue file would make it much easier to manage with multiple custom catalogues.

I love the annotation and many thanks to Andres and you for implementing this cool feature.

Clear skies!
Ecki

What ever happened to this quasar catalogue project? I did locate one limited custom catalogue made by someone from SDSS_DR14Q but wondering about more?

Back