Annotation script

GordonH

Nov 8, 2011
Changing the FITS to "bottom-up" solved the problem. I had to go back to my original "RAW" images to make it work. It also fixed the plate solve. Interestingly, re-orienting the XISF files to match that of the bottom-up FITS still will not solve.

Thanks for your help.
Gordon

Andres.Pozo

PTeam Member
Jul 7, 2008
Madrid
Hi,
the script doesn't find objects. It only paints on the image the position of elements in a catalog. You can use it to find objects, but the finding is done by you 8).
Currently, AnnotateImage doesn't have any quasar catalogs. You can search Vizier (https://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR) for a quasar catalog. Then you could download and reformat it for using it as a custom catalog. If there were more people interested in it I could integrate it on the script.

arnaudom

Mar 2, 2020
Hello, thank you for your answer !
Yes, my expression "find quasar" was not very good...
I will try your proposition.
What a good idea would it be to integrate such a catalog ;) !

Ecki

Jun 11, 2019
Cape Town
www.voelcker.com
Good morning,

support for the SDSS DR14 catalogue would be great. The recent custom catalogues are shown in the catalogue layer list. It would be great if they would a appear not all as "custom catalogue". Adding the name of the catalogue file would make it much easier to manage with multiple custom catalogues.

I love the annotation and many thanks to Andres and you for implementing this cool feature.

Clear skies!
Ecki