Annotation script changing image saturation

JPetruzzi

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, not sure exactly when it started. When I use the Annotation Script to annotate an image, it works fine except it boosts image saturation, something I've never noticed it doing in the past. Anyone else see this? Here's a side-by-side screenshot, image on the right is clearly more saturated. Anyone know a fix (other than slightly desaturating the annotated image, which is what I did)? TIA

side_by_side.jpg

Have to say, to my bespectacled eyes it isn't obvious that there's a difference...the overlay itself might be misleading the eye-brain combination? One way to test would be to generate the annotation as a transparent overlay then add it to the original image 'manually' (thereby guaranteeing it's unchanged), and see if you still get the 'more saturated' impression?

I just used the readout tool, the actual color levels have changed. Tho I'm amazed you can't see the difference in the core. :)

I'ts definitely a bit redder with the annotation. I've just tried (on a pre-stretched image, so no STF selected). I get very slight, imperceptible RGB differences (<1%) - but I can't see why there are any differences at all.

I'ts definitely a bit redder with the annotation. I've just tried (on a pre-stretched image, so no STF selected). I get very slight, imperceptible RGB differences (<1%) - but I can't see why there are any differences at all.
Thanks, glad I'm not crazy. :)

I just used the readout tool, the actual color levels have changed. Tho I'm amazed you can't see the difference in the core. :)
You're only amazed because you don't know how bad my eyes are -- still can't see any difference, though it's evidently there :(
Sounds like a "feature"(!), but the workround with a transparent overlay should at least get you to an unadulterated version.

Back