After BPP - G & B still have dust motes

Hello

After BPP, the dust motes have been removed from my stacked L and R lights but they still remain in the G & B.

Flats looks really good and all align with each other - i.e. the dust motes are identical in all flats.

When I overlay the B Flat and B Light, clearly the dust motes don't line up - they're off by quite a bit and I can tell that the alignment of the image was shifted in the BPP processing as there is a "bar" across the top of the light. It's the same in the G light but to a lesser extent.

Ideas? Do I somehow need to manually align the flats to the lights?

TIA.

G.

you can't compare the registered images with flats because indeed the registered images are shifted, as dictated by the star positions. however the flat is always applied before any registration occurs. so that's not a concern. there's no need to manually align flats and lights.

the best thing to do is post your master flat and one of the lights that doesn't work right. unfortunately the most likely outcome is that the flats don't actually match when inspected closely, but we can't say until someone takes a look...

rob

Further update - after looking at the registered images created by BPP - there are two with the dust motes - the others are all clear - hmmm

Resolved - looked at the individual registered files for both the G + B channels and discovered that s couple of each still had the dust motes in them. Removed those files from the input to BPP and all processed fine. Very weird that 2 images would "squirt through" BPP without the flat being applied???? Especially on two channels and not the others?

strange, there must be something about those images (from a pixel statistics perspective) that caused the flattening to not work properly... do those bad images have vignetting as well as dust bunnies?

Back