Adler 2010 PixInsight Workshop: Photo Gallery

vicent_peris

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all,

last weekend we did a 12 hour PixInsight workshop at the Adler Planetarium (Chicago):

1_AdlerPlanetarium.jpg

Although there were only 8 attendees, things went smoothly and we reviewed a lot of concepts and techniques. Apart from learning processing techniques, we discussed the observational techniques required to use the upcoming PixInsight tools for superflat and color calibration.

This is a small photo gallery:

A photo of the attendees in front of the sun dial. The downtown in the background:

2_Group1_small.jpg

A larger version here: http://astrofoto.es/astrofoto/foros/workshops/Adler-2010/2_Group1_large.jpg

From left to right: Geoffrey Stone, Cleon Wells, Larry Van Vleet, David Illig, Max Mirot, Joe De Pasquale, Robert Hurt and Philip de Louraille.

A second group photo with me (I'm att the center of the frame) taken by a tourist:

3_Group2_small.jpg

A larger version here: http://astrofoto.es/astrofoto/foros/workshops/Adler-2010/3_Group2_large.jpg

The conference room:

4_ConferenceRoom.JPG

On saturday, five of us went to a "spanish" restaurant in the downtown:

5_SpanishDinner.JPG

Best regards,
Vicent.

Hi

Hope you all had a good time learning something new , I am just sad my budget just can't stretch so I could get to see it  :'(

Regards

Harry

It was a great conference.

I though it was cruel to make you eat spanish food in the USA.

Next time we need to do something really american like Thai. ;D

Max

Looks like it was fun as well as educational.  As you know from the other forum I was shaking down a new mount (Planewave AH 200) for CTIO - so missed the event:-(

Looks like you had fun, and i really would have liked to have been there to see someone use the software properly - i would have learned heaps

Man, I've got to hurry up and win the lotto..... :D

How good would that have been - a Pixinsight fest AND seeing Chicago. 
Looks like you had wondeful weather.

Agree with all the above.
I have been needing to come back and spend more time in the forum and get some new tricks...
That would have been a most excellent way to get up to speed...  8)

Sadly..I am a travelphobic.
Hold the next one in Ottawa and I will feed you all !
ANYWAYS...(cuts to the chase...) any chance of some of the "pearls" of wisdom from that being discussed somewhere..??

Dave
>:D

HI all...

would it be possible to share the notes and processing techniques that Vincent presented at the Workshop for us that can't travel oversea? :)

Well, people paid to get this class so I would not be surprised if the notes stayed with Vicent and the attendees.

Back