A way to add output pedestals for WBPP?

agomez1

Is there a way to edit the WBPP script to allow for output pedestals during the calibration process? Even if it is a fixed value hard written into the code and not an input box.

With my dark skies, narrowband filters, and CMOS, I have to manually process everything and add 300 pedestal in the Output section of Image calibration, otherwise, I clip below zero...enough to make it so I can't remove amp glow.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 85
I made a WBPP update for myself to allow me to set it in the UI. I have seen others ask for this, I am not sure why it has not been added yet. I will be create a PR soon that hopefully they are open to. I use an ASI183MM with 3nm narrowband filters. Dim targets in O3 and S2 usually result in amp glow that I can't get rid of without a pedestal. For now though if you are using Windows you can edit C:\Program Files\PixInsight\src\scripts\WeightedBatchPreprocessing\WeightedBatchPreprocessing-engine.js. In WBPP version 1.5.3 add this to line 2746 where it is setting up the ImageCalibration object properties :

if ( frameGroup.imageType == ImageType.LIGHT )
{
IC.outputPedestal = 800; // your pedestal value here
}

Note that if you run WBPP from a pre-existing saved script you will get a checksum error and need to clear the checksum in the script dialog.

This was a very helpful post. I made this modification to WBPP version 2.0.2, but the modification needed to be inserted after line 3940 (after the // PREPARE CALIBRATION comment and IC declaration, let IC = new ImageCalibration; )

Thanks for the workaround chrispy!

Andrew

HI Guys,

It is already implemented in the soon-to-be-released version. Just waiting on it...
-adam

Back