Error message

polare70

Hello everyone!
For the second time it happens to me that Pixinsight does not want to open some raw files while they came out of the CD, others open but some do not - it gives me this message! What does that mean ?
What.jpg

can you check if the files all have the same size? sometimes this kind of error happens when the file is short or of zero length for some reason.

also to eliminate any weirdness i would try copying one of the problematic files to your hard disk and rename it to get rid of spaces and those single quotes. that stuff is supposed to be OK but sometimes non-alphanumeric characters can give problems.

I checked with FITS File Verifier and it says' Error: Not able to upload file. It may be too large '. But in datoteka where all FITS are, they are always the same size (number 31 opens normally but number 32/33/34 does not want to open)!

Attachments

• Screenshot_19.jpg
    Screenshot_19.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 30
2.8KB seems far too small for a FITS file. something is weird here... so try copying one file off the CDROM and change the name and see what happens.

2.8 KB is not too small for a FITS file for an Atik 414Ex CCD (1391 x 1039) 6.45 µm x 6.45 µm. Tried changing the name of these single FITS but it doesn't give me a chance to do :(

2.8 KB is too small. 1391x1039x2 = 2.8MB (megabytes), if 16-bit data and 1.4MB if 8-bit data.

the pixel size doesn't matter when calculating file sizes.

you can't change the name of a file on a CDROM because CDROMs are read-only - it stands for "Compact-Disc Read Only Memory". you need to copy the file to your hard drive and then try re-opening. but i think the files are corrupted.

rob

Thx Rob for your reply. Maxim DL gave me the FITS in this size. When I open this files on my computer in opservatory in Pixinsight or Maxim DL, the file are without errors (pls. see photo attached). I think that the problem was this: I copied folder from computer in opservatory to an external memory, than I downloaded this folder on my home computer for elaboration. This is were problome came out - during coping folder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_17.jpg
    Screenshot_17.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 29
ok good - so the files got corrupted somehow. hopefully you can get them copied over cleanly!

Back