WBPP2.4.4 Released

robyx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,
I am glad to announce the release of WBPP 2.4.4. This release comes alongside the updated ImageCalibration module v1.9.6 and includes the following enhancements and bugfixes:

GUI on Small screen
The interface has been adapted to optimize the information on small screens and leave as much space as possible on the file list and calibration / post-calibration panels. All control groups have been made collapsible, and a new button switches between seeing the global controls and the panel-specific options.

Here are some screens at 800x600 (the minimum resolution supported):

WBPP_Small_01.png

WBPP_Small_02.png
WBPP_Small_03.png
WBPP_Small_04.png
WBPP_Small_05.png

New Parameters Group Reset button
A new reset button has been added to all parameter groups to quickly restore the default values of the parameters in each group. The title bar has also been made higher to improve its title readability.

WBPP_Reset.png

Adaptation to the new Local Normalization
The updated Image Calibration v1.9.6 module comes with updates to the Local Normalization process that now includes a new reference rejection parameter:

WBPP_ReferenceRejection.png
This option is enabled when the Local Normalization's reference frame is generated by integrating the best frames. This choice prevents possible issues if the reference frame has large-scale artifacts such as plane trails.

Modified Normalization in Local Normalization reference frame integration
When Local Normalization's reference frame is generated by integrating the best frames, Image Integration uses the global Additive+Scaling output normalization method while Local Normalization is used for rejection exclusively. This approach tends to simplify gradients by averaging them among the selected set of best frames.

Local Normalization parameters
A set of new parameters Growth factor, Minimum detection SNR, and Allow clustered sources are now available on the GUI.

WBPP_LN Parameters.png

Execution Monitor update
The Execution monitor columns now maintain their current width when the window is updated.

The option to save .jpg files documenting the states of WBPP is really nice ... but in the final stage, i.e. integration and post processing, the selected values are not documented. It should be an easy fix to capture setting in these windows, even if the user opts for the default settings for quick etc
Thanks for considering this

The option to save .jpg files documenting the states of WBPP is really nice ... but in the final stage, i.e. integration and post processing, the selected values are not documented. It should be an easy fix to capture setting in these windows, even if the user opts for the default settings for quick etc
Thanks for considering this
Good point, I'll consider it in the next update cycle.
Thx for the suggestion.

As you do WBPP updates, one “nice to have” feature would be a way for WBPP or PI to send a message or alert to the user or to an email or SMS address to alert you that WBPP is done. On my system, it can take 30-90 min depending on the # of frames processing. I often leave it to run and go on to other stuff - sometimes on the same system, at times I’ll let it go and go work on my laptop. An alert - esp to SMS # would be awesome to be able to know when it’s done processing… Is that doable? Email would be fine too…

Hey @robyx I think I found a bug using the latest version. For the record, I was not having this issue a few days ago on an older build. I'm reprocessing old DSLR data and my flats aren't accepting biases. I found out that for some reason the bias frames had the aspect ratios swapped, as if they were turned 90 degrees. I went around this by integrating the bias frames separately and rotating them. Canon 60D.

edit: it also seems that I'm not able to combine sessions in 'Post-Calibration' as their aspect ratio differs again (?). e.g. 3600x5500 vs 5500x3600.

Cheers.

Last edited:
This is neither a bug in WBPP nor due to any settings in WBPP. For astrophotos, you'll have to set in PixInsight, RAW Format Preferences (Format Explorer, double click on RAW) to 'Pure Raw'. This effects (among other things) that the orientation of the camera during image acquisition will not change the orientation of an image when loaded in PixInsight. The option: 'No image flip' in RAW Format Preferences must be enabled.

Bernd

This is neither a bug in WBPP nor due to any settings in WBPP. For astrophotos, you'll have to set in PixInsight, RAW Format Preferences (Format Explorer, double click on RAW) to 'Pure Raw'. This effects (among other things) that the orientation of the camera during image acquisition will not change the orientation of an image when loaded in PixInsight. The option: 'No image flip' in RAW Format Preferences must be enabled.

Bernd
This did the trick, thanks! It must've reset when I updated.

I'm still not able to combine my two sessions in Post-Calibration though, and I have my exposure tolerance set correctly.

Back