Weighted Batch Pre-Processing - better options for handling failures.

RadarBoy

This is one of those "bug or feature" type scenarios:

I've had a fairly large batch of 400 subframes that I was processing with WBPP. For reasons that I have been unable to determine, the registration process resulted in failure, as not enough matches can be found.

This warning was in the logs, which might have been relevant:

[2020-04-03 17:41:30] ************************************************************
[2020-04-03 17:41:30] * End calibration of Light frames
[2020-04-03 17:41:30] ************************************************************
[2020-04-03 17:41:30] ** Warning [156]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing-engine.js, line 2035: assignment to undeclared variable images
[2020-04-03 17:41:30]

I'll investigate the data as well to see if there are issues. That said, I have no problems aligning those files with StarAlignment. It makes me think the above is the problem?

However, one thing I realized I cannot do in the script, is if I have a complete set of already registered and calibrated files, is run to integrate the lights without once again re-registering. I'd love an option to be able to check or uncheck registration in the same way we can with integration. This would let me manually register files, and then run the last step through the script to get the weightings.

Thanks,
Ryan

PS - also, on the forum, can we allow .log files to be attached without adding a .txt extension?

Attachments

• 20200403174157.log.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 41
This is one of those "bug or feature" type scenarios:

I've had a fairly large batch of 400 subframes that I was processing with WBPP. For reasons that I have been unable to determine, the registration process resulted in failure, as not enough matches can be found.

This warning was in the logs, which might have been relevant:

[2020-04-03 17:41:30] * End calibration of Light frames
[2020-04-03 17:41:30] ** Warning [156]: C:/Program Files/PixInsight/src/scripts/WeightedBatchPreprocessing/WeightedBatchPreprocessing-engine.js, line 2035: assignment to undeclared variable images
[2020-04-03 17:41:30]

I'll investigate the data as well to see if there are issues. That said, I have no problems aligning those files with StarAlignment. It makes me think the above is the problem?

However, one thing I realized I cannot do in the script, is if I have a complete set of already registered and calibrated files, is run to integrate the lights without once again re-registering. I'd love an option to be able to check or uncheck registration in the same way we can with integration. This would let me manually register files, and then run the last step through the script to get the weightings.

Thanks,
Ryan

PS - also, on the forum, can we allow .log files to be attached without adding a .txt extension?
I've also reported this problem here: https://pixinsight.com/forum/index....p-problems-in-light-frame-calibrations.14366/

I've attributed the javascript failure to a problem in light frame calibrations. I'm not sure yours is the same, but the calibrated light frames are so badly clipped the computed weight values are meaningless.

Dale

Back