New Osc dual band script

Paul, is this to be used only on combined images? I got horrible results when I tried it on a single image exposed thru an Optolong L-Enhance filter.
Larry

Paul, is this to be used only on combined images? I got horrible results when I tried it on a single image exposed thru an Optolong L-Enhance filter.
Larry

Hi Larry,
Can you please explain what horrible results means. This is designed for an RGB file from an OSC with a dual band filter such as the Optolong L-Extreme 7nm Dual Narrowband Filter (H-Alpha and O-III). The Optolong L-Enhance filter has H-Alpha, O-III and H-Beta, which is pretty close to the Extreme. Please provide more info.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul, I finally tried it on a combined image and it shows great promise. I was a little premature in trying it on a single image which I finally realized was not debayered. I will definitely give it a try on images using the L-Enhanced.

Larry

On my Mac the Installation does not work. It says that no scripts have been found when I want to add it.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-26 um 21.45.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-26 um 21.45.46.png
    544.6 KB · Views: 124
This is great! I'm using it with L-Enhance's data and puts me on a better interpretation of the picture. Thanks!

Paul,

This is great! I was literally just sitting down to create a script that did exactly this, and found yours!
You have saved me a lot of learning/work, since I've never created a PI script with a GUI.

I don't see any specific copyright limitations. Do you mind if I "enhance" the script to adapt to the particular actions I use when creating pseudo-HOO?
For example, I sometimes get better results not using Max(Red,Green) but more like a 60/40 mix.
I have been doing the linearization using Ha as the reference - you are using Blue I believe? I would need to experiment with both approaches.
And I would prefer less aggressive curve correction (or just do that manually after the main action completes.)
I might have it pre-create all three of the HOO generation choices, so I could quickly select the best one.
Etc.

I would only use it for personal use, though happy to share it back to you.

Thanks.
David McCallie

Back