NGC 6559 - TelescopeLive data Processing (APOD 7 Oct 2021)

robyx

Administrator
Staff member
HI all,

I got fun processing a broadband LRGB Telescope Live pro-dataset of NGC6559.

You can find the full resolution version on AstroBin: https://www.astrobin.com/pxnp3i/D/
and a time-lapse YouTube video showing my processing flow (all steps listed as chapters in the description):

I hope you enjoy it!
Robyx

NGC_6559_preview.jpg

Congratulations. You processing video was interesting - although there were a number of things I didn't understand !

Great Stuff... I must say you spend a LOT more time w/ blink, cosmetic correction, and linear feature fit / sub than I do... wonder if that might be one of the reasons mine dont' turn out as well as yours... clearly though, putting effort in on the early stages of a "processing chain" can greatly reduce issues later on in the chain... so great stuff... maybe I'll be less lazy from now on...

Great Stuff... I must say you spend a LOT more time w/ blink, cosmetic correction, and linear feature fit / sub than I do... wonder if that might be one of the reasons mine dont' turn out as well as yours... clearly though, putting effort in on the early stages of a "processing chain" can greatly reduce issues later on in the chain... so great stuff... maybe I'll be less lazy from now on...
Yes, I usually spend a bit of time looking at my data figuring out issues, filtering very bad subs and checking for hot pixels and artefacts as much as possible. In this project, I only had 5 subs to integrate so any single issue on a single frame was affecting the integrated version. In such a critical situation, fixing the master light was particularly important since there were a lot of visible sparse defects.

Back