cannot reproduce ***SOLVED***L.Norm Interactive Causes Crash to WBPP

JVBis91

Hello, I have been running WBPP the last few times with the Local Normalization function set to "Interactive Mode" and have enjoyed getting to see the results. Tonight I am trying to run some data through with the same setup in WBPP, and every time (I have tried 4x) that the script reaches the point to deploy the window for the interactive selections PixInsight Crashes. I have restarted my machine, tried again, same thing. I tried deleting the cache file, tried again, same thing. Curious if this is a known Issue? I have also included that latest log file from the WBPP directory for this data set below. Both the process.cotainer.js and the text file.

PixInsight Core 1.8.9-2 Ripley (x64) (build 1601 | 2024-03-01
Any help is greatly appreciated

JB

***Edit: Updated to the new version -

PixInsight Core 1.8.9-2 Ripley (x64) (build 1605 | 2024-03-23) And the problem persists at precisely the same place in WBPP.

***SOLVED*** I ran a windows repair ISO and now WBPP is running with L.Norm in "interactive mode" as normal.

Screenshot (530).png

Screenshot (531).png

Last edited:
Rename or delete the Pixinsight.ini and delete/rename the cache file of WBPP and try again.

Cheers
Tom

Probably have to delete the .settings file, too. That's what's corrupt... because of the way it was built from the old .ini file.
Ok, So I moved both the settings files and the .ini file from AppData/Roaming/Pleiades/ and had what seemed to be a fresh reset upon opening up PI. The process console was moved back to the default position etc. I tried to run the same data set ~4.5hrs of LRGB data (~30 frames per filter) through WBPP once more and PI crashed at the exact same spot as before. I am attaching the recent logs and a screenshot of the AppData/Roaming directory to show the files that were generated after I moved the ones mentioned above. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have run some pretty big data sets in this fashion last week (one was 80hrs and another was 30hrs.) and those completed perfectly with L.Norm in "interactive mode". So I am at a loss here.

Thanks in advance,
JB

Attachments

• Screenshot (533).png
    Screenshot (533).png
    98.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (534).png
    Screenshot (534).png
    271.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (535).png
    Screenshot (535).png
    221.4 KB · Views: 10
Partial screenshots are not much help. The ProcessContainer.js is of very little use for diagnosis (even if you upload the full file). Usually, uploading the .log file is helpful, but I'm not sure it will help in this case. Could you capture your full WBPP setup (all tabs) and upload.
When you say PixInsight "crashes", exactly what do you mean? What error report / message to you get for PixInsight or the OS?

Ok good to know. WBPP reaches the point to deploy the interface and hangs for maybe 3 seconds. Then The error message I get is is “PixInsight 1.8.9-2 has stopped working” then it gives an option to debug or close the program. And

What is your operating system (including version / build number)?
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎8/‎12/‎2023
OS build 22621.3527
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0

Last edited:
Back